WE ARE HIRING!
LCDC is seeking a part time bookkeeper/administrative assistant--See below for the job description and submission information.
Administrative Assistant/ Bookkeeper
Lumber City is an economic development corporation focused on revitalizing the North Tonawanda community through various programs, projects and activities. We work to strengthen and expand existing businesses, encourage entrepreneurship, and endeavor to bring new business into the City of North Tonawanda in an effort to advance development, create jobs, and increase the property tax base while at the same time preserving city neighborhoods.
Responsible for providing assistance with the coordination and administration of various LCDC programs and activities.
Annual performance evaluation and compensation review is done by the LCDC Human Recourses Committee and the Executive Director.
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance on a regular basis with the planning, coordination and administration of various LCDC programs and activities.
- Provide assistance with communications to the Board of Director’s, staff and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality. Provide first contact, customer service desk, for walk in, call in, and email contact. Answers the phones and greets walk in guests while maintaining several other duties simultaneously.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the LCDC’s Board of Directors, other LCDC staff, North Tonawanda City officials and employees, and other persons who are seeking assistance from the LCDC.
- Collect all business loan payments and makes bank deposits as needed.
- Organize and maintain office records, maintain office equipment, order and receive office supplies as needed.
- Perform other related work as needed.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks including scheduling, reporting and tracking information for staff and board members. Prepare simple analyses of information or data. Prepare documents for meetings. Check and follow-up as required. Make interpretations and recommendations. Review and answer correspondence.
Bookkeeper duties and responsibilities include:
Summary: Responsible for recording all financial transactions, maintaining accurate financial records, and generating various financial reports.
- Establish and maintain a chart of accounts
- Prepare and send payment invoices
- Prepare loan amortization schedules and maintain records of loan payments made to the LCDC
- Process and record all payments made to the LCDC
- Reconcile monthly bank account statements, payroll and credit card records, and other accounts as needed
- Establish and maintain payroll records, prepare and submit payroll information to ADP
- Process all bills for payment, prepare and send checks for payment
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare and provide year-end financial records and information needed for the annual audit
- Prepare and issue year end W2 and 1099 forms
- Assist Executive Director with the preparation and submittal of financial information to the NYS Authorities Budget Office
- Assist Executive Director with the preparation of annual LCDC budget
- Maintain financial records for received grants
- Maintain productive working relationships with LCDC staff, LCDC Treasurers and Directors, and other persons interacting with the LCDC
- Maintain an organized filing system of financial records
- Ensure confidentiality of financial records
- Use QuickBooks Pro software for maintaining financial records and loan amortization software
- Perform other bookkeeper and office duties as needed and assigned
• High school degree or equivalent required; some advanced academic or vocational education preferred;
• Working knowledge of MS-Office including Excel and Word
• Proficient in QuickBooks Pro
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with non-profit organizations and grant funded programs preferred
• Ability to work with a team or independently with minimal supervision
• Compensation: Hourly, $20.00
• Hours: 20 hours/week, 10 am – 2 pm
• Liberal holiday, vacation, and sick time policies
• Initial in-house training will be provided
• In-person attendance is required.
Please send cover letter and resume to: LBernsohn@lumbercitydc.com
Include: “LCDC ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/BOOKKEEPER” in Subject Line